Each of us face the challenge of balancing the demands, deadlines, hassles and frustrations that go along with our daily lives. Let’s face it: dealing with stress is a part of being human. Our bodies are designed to be able to experience stress and react to it by keeping us alert and ready to avoid dangerous situations. Surprisingly stress can often be positive by acting as a motivator to perform your best under pressure. However, studies show its when we face continuous stress in our lives that our bodies and minds can show signs of being overworked and stress related issues may arise. These can include upset stomach, headaches and problems sleeping. Elevated stress levels can also bring on or possibly worsen more serious conditions or diseases namely anxiety, hypertension and heart disease.
Having a stress management plan to counteract these negative effects is an important to part of any health and wellness routine. Recognizing when your stress levels are becoming an issue and taking steps to take care of yourself before stress takes a toll on you emotionally and physically is essential.
- Move your body! Exercise is a great way to lift your mood and get you back on track both mentally and physically.
- Experiment with meditation, yoga, pilates or other mind/body disciplines to begin to learn how to tune in to your body’s signals.
- Breathe! Simply taking the time to breathe deeply a few times throughout the day can reduce your stress levels.
- Get outside! Change your outlook and clear your mind by going for a walk, a bike ride or even gardening. You will find simply observing nature has a powerful effect on reducing stress and getting you grounded.
- Bond with a pet. Pets are often used to comfort and aid recovery for those facing trauma. A good snuggle can be just the thing at the end of a long day.
- Unwind with a good book and dark chocolate. Taking time to do the things that truly bring us satisfaction and joy can rejuvenate us and prepare us to take on tasks with a renewed energy. Studies have shown that dark chocolate can reduce stress. Now that’s great news!
Try these workouts and let iTRAIN’s talented instructors guide and motivate you today!
- iStretch Combination Meditative Set24
- iTREAD Set1 40Min
- iSTRETCH Multilevel Set16 45Min
- iCLIMB Core Set17 55Min
- iSTRETCH Set 14 Core Conditioning